The BREATHE Online Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) training is designed to equip you with evidence-based skills to treat tobacco dependence across a range of settings. The BREATHE TTS course is accredited by the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Programs (CTTTP). The course, using the Canvas online platform, includes twenty-seven hours of self-paced training, assignments and evaluation. Expected course completion time is eight to ten weeks. For more specific information and a general course outline click here. After finishing the course, participants earn a training certificate, which is the first step in obtaining a National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice.
The course fee is $900. Payment can be made via check or credit card. If you do not receive an invoice after registering at the above link please email BreatheTTS@uky.edu.
For more information about payment options and the cancellation policy click here.
Participants must meet the following educational requirements and agree to the additional requirements:
* Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher (recommended: healthcare or counseling affiliated field), or
* Hold an associate degree plus 1 year (2,000 hours) of recent work experience in a human services position, or
*High School diploma plus 2 years (4,000 hours) of recent work experience in a human services position
* Computer access with camera/microphone capability to participate in video evaluation
*The official Cancellation Date will be the date the cancellation notification is received by the BREATHE Office. Participants who cancel their registration will be charged according to the following guidelines:
1. During open registration until the first day of class, participants will be refunded 100% of the course fee.
2. After the first day of class, no refunds will be given.
Click the image below for a downloadable flier.